MM-042: Zainal Abidin – Hijau

I live on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur. My front door literally faces a hillside and the tropical forest of Selangor. It’s serene, quite and almost every which way I look, I see green.

Bajaran TitiwangsaMy front door opens up to..

Bajaran TitiwangsaMorning view view from my study

Bajaran Titiwangsa

Which always reminds me of the song “Hijau” by a very talented Malaysian artist ~ Zainal Abidin. Hijau means green. This 24 year old song is about the negative effects of greed and corruption on the environment and most of the global issues that humanity is facing.

Bajaran Titiwangsa

Black Monkey

Black Monkey

Black MonkeyBlack Monkey

Black Monkey

Black Monkey

Black Monkey

Rhesus Monkey

Rhesus Monkey

Rhesus MonkeyAn Alpha Male lost his upper lips..

Rhesus Monkey

Monkey Relocation ProgramMonkey Relocation Program

Monkey Relocation ProgramPersonally, I think it’s a futile effort…just too many of em’

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava’s Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Responses to “MM-042: Zainal Abidin – Hijau”

1. LadyJava says:

Always been a BIG fan of Zainal and I must say this is one of my fav perfomances.. well done!
    Oh Monkeys… nice to see while they are up high on the trees.. not so much when they are chasing you or even just sitting on the parking’s roof… shoo!!!

2. stevebethere says:

Not heard this before I like it good choice :-)

Thanks for stopping by & Happy MM!

3. Namz says:

Vice versa Steve :)

4. Mike says:

Never heard of him,but it’s a beautiful song. the pictures look wonderful, must be wonderful having such a beautiful view from your door.

5. Namz says:

It’s wonderful but it does have it’s cons too ;) Thanks for dropping by Mike :)

6. Ane says:

How very apt.. :P Coincidentally, our city is in a battle against a mall’s expansion. I personally think there is nothing wrong with it, because I am confident that the mall will fulfill its social responsibility and replace whatever tree they cause harm to. :P

Anyway, Happy Music Monday, and my my, that is a wonderful view you have there! :)

7. Namz says:

Well there is a “price” for development and I feel we have the know how to minimize negative impacts on the enviroment.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy MM Ane :)

8. Lynn says:

Great views you’ve got there. We have those beautiful views here in the city too, except for the monkeys though. But we have squirrels. (“,)

Belated Happy Music Monday!

9. Namz says:

Thank you Lynn. I am at the edge of the forest so animals of all sorts are abundant :)

10. If some one desires expert view about blogging after that i suggest him/her to pay a quick visit this website,
    Keep up the nice job.

Komen di dalam Bahasa Malaysia juga di aluĀ²kan, sudiĀ²kanlah diri..